Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Tick....tick....tick....

The clock moves at a snails pace when your homeless. The one thing to look forward too, is the time to sleep away the reality of this life.
I have been homeless on and off since 1992. Always fighting the battle of Major Depressive disorder and crohn's disease. I like food but hate to eat. Ironic but very common with those who live with crohns. I don't know what's worse, the chronic diarrhea, bleeding, abdominal pains or vomiting. I did my best to hide all these effects from my employers with great success, but eventually the wear and tear overcomes you. In June of last year I had 18" of intestine removed due to blockage. Quality of life certainly did not improve.
It's hell being homeless and healthy. There are no words to describe being homeless and sick.
I can certainly understand why people self-medicate and try to wash away the physical and mental pains. I'm blessed that I would rather deal with it than to seek short term repreive.
Nights are becoming harder and the situation is settleing in. The battle of hope is on the horizon.
Today is the 3 month anniversary of my Disability appilcation. Only 19 more months to go.

No comments:

Post a Comment