Monday, December 7, 2009

Bah-Hum-Bug

The tip of my nose was so cold, it actually hurt. My hands tingled with pain as I poured hot water over them trying to thaw out the frozen veins. Holidays... I don't think so. Depression, cold, clouds and the heartache of happier times. Cheer... you have to be kidding. Survival doesn't lend itself to seasonal celebrations. The best gift during these times is just good ole' warmth when it's freezing outside and the knowledge that there will be some food available tomarrow.
A shower would be nice but that is way down the list of necessities. If your cold, the nose is so clogged, you can't smell yourself anyway. Tis the season to be jolly... not for those Americans without homes. Not for the 2 million children, veterans, domestic violence victims, disabled, etc.
Certainly, I can find things to be grateful and happy for, but they fade away quickly when I can't feel my toes anymore and my stomach is empty.
"Speak up for those who cannot speak for themselves, for the rights of all who are destitute. Speak up and judge fairly; defend the rights of the poor and needy." ~ Proverbs 31:8-9 ~
Happy Holidays to all that can afford one.

No comments:

Post a Comment